Sunday, June 25, 2017

Brian Head, Utah Forest Fire

Before I put some more photos up I want to show a photo I took of the Forest Fire located up at Brian Head, Utah. This fire started last week after a man used a blow torch to burn some weeds on his property. The fire as you can tell quickly got out of hand and is currently the largest forest fire burning in the United States of America 42,800 acres. (According to the Salt Lake Tribune) Thankfully it has stalled out for the moment hopefully permitting the fire personnel to stop the fire from spreading closer to populated locations at the very least. 



Taken Tuesday evening with fire burning at ~1,800 acres

I should also add that blaming the guy who started the fire would be using him as a mere scapegoat. Yes, I agree that what he did was being stupid and ignorant without a doubt but our forests didn't die suddenly overnight. Anyone who's gone up there over the years and paid attention would agree that it's been ready to burn for years now. The guy may have pulled the trigger but we as a state assembled, loaded and aimed the gun a long time ago.












I tried taking a picture of the fire yesterday but the fire has spread so much that the smoke clouds aren't uniform like the one up above. If I want to get a better photo I will need to travel up the mountain a bit. Thankfully there are still areas that are far enough away from the fire where I won't be putting my life at risk. The last thing I want to do is put mine or another person's life at risk just so I can take a good photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment